The Training Area of the Justice Studies Center of the Americas (JSCA) has published its schedule for 2020. The courses are open to anyone interested in topics related to civil and criminal justice reform, judicial government, institutional management, access to justice, dispute resolution methods, at-risk groups, gender and justice.
The training programs include both virtual and in situ activities in countries across the region. Each of the courses is taught by international faculty members with significant professional and academic expertise.
The 2020 courses are listed below:
- VII Oral Criminal Litigation Certificate Program (January 13-24, Washington D.C.)
- V Inter-American Training Program for Civil Justice Reform (In situ phases to be held in Santiago de Chile August 3-7 and November 16-20; virtual phase runs August-November)
- VI Training Program for Criminal Court Judges (October 19-23, Santiago de Chile)
- IV Brazilian Training Program for Criminal Procedure Reform (local phases held March-May, international phase to be held October 5-9 in Chile)
- IV Program on Innovations in Justice in the United States (July 20-24, New York, USA)
During the first half of 2020, the following paid courses will be offered from May 4 through July 24:
- Virtual Course on Collective Processes
- Virtual Course on Gender and Justice in Latin America
- Virtual Course on Civil Justice Reform in Latin America
During the second half of 2020, the following paid courses will be offered from September 7 through November 27:
- Virtual Course on Expert Evidence in Civil Cases
- Virtual Course on Judicial and Case Management in Civil Justice
- Virtual Course on Trial by Jury
JSCA offers four free virtual courses through its training platform year-round:
- Virtual Course on Drug Treatment Courts
- Virtual Course on Pretrial Services
- Virtual Course on Challenges to the Public Prosecutor’s Office in Latin America
- Virtual Course on Pretrial Detention in Latin America
For more information on these and other programs, see the JSCA calendar at: www.cejamericas.org
Questions? Please contact Training Director Leonel González at email@example.com.