APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED FOR THIS POSITION.
The Justice Studies Center of the Americas (JSCA) is an international agency created by the inter-American system that supports justice system modernization processes in the region. The Center announces that it is currently hiring one journalist.
The individual hired will be responsible for:
- The development of content and execution of external communications for the institution, supervising a community manager who will be hired to manage the Center’s social media presence.
- The development of content and execution of internal communications for the institution through internal newsletters.
- Coordination of the institutional image with the support of external designers.
- Coordination of the institution’s publications with print services.
- Undergraduate degree in Journalism, Communications or a similar field.
- Demonstrated experience with the aforementioned responsibilities.
- Applicants must be proactive and willing to work as a member of a team.
Candidates who present the following attributes will receive special consideration:
- Proficiency in English, Portuguese or French.
- Interest in justice systems.
The journalist will report to the Executive Director at JSCA and will work at the Center’s headquarters in Santiago de Chile. He or she must be available to join the team by Monday, February 17, 2020.
The successful candidate will be offered a one-year full-time contract, which may be extended. The monthly pay rate will be US$1,500 (before taxes) or the equivalent in Chilean pesos if the individual is a Chilean national. Foreign nationals will be exempt from paying taxes.
To apply, submit a current CV and a letter of interest describing your strengths and salary requirements in US dollars or Chilean pesos to email@example.com.
Applications must be received by January 17, 2020.
Finalists will be asked to interview in person or via Skype.