XXIX Meeting of Board Directors
The Board of Directors of the Justice Studies Center of the Americas (JSCA) met in Toronto, Ganada on November 21, 2014. The meeting was attended by members Marc Rosenberg (President), Ernesto Pazmiño (Vice President), Santiago Pereira, Douglass Cassel, Manuel Montecino, Leonidas Rosa and elected member of the board, George Thomson. By virtue of Article 13 of its Statutes and Articles 18 and 19 of its Regulations, the Board hereby resolves:
- To approve the presentation offered by Executive Director Jaime Arellano, thank him for his work and congratulate him on the Activities Report and Financia! Report 2014.
- To approve the Plan of Action and Budget for 2015, offered by Executive Director Jaime Arellano .
- The Executive Director will make his best efforts to execute in advance activities proposed by the Board Members as part of a new Strategic Plan for 2016-2020. To this end, Board Members will assist the Executive Director in procuring financia! suppo rt.
- The Executive Director has been commissioned to prepare a new Strategic Plan for the term 2016-2020, taking into consideration the dialogue of the Board Members, and present it in the next meeting during 2015.
- To ratify the international cooperation and collaboration agreements presented by the Executive Director.
- To elect by acclamation Mr. Douglass Cassel as President of the Board, and Mr. Santiago Pereira as Vice-President , according to articles 11 and 12 of Regulation.
- To thank President Marc Rosenberg and Vice-President Ernesto Pazmiño for their performance as officers of the Board between 2012 and 2014, and their key role in the direction of the organization, and to strengthen the institutional capacities of JSCA.
- To delegate to the Executive Director efforts toward the realization of a new Board meeting in 2015, with occasion of sorne relevant activity of the Center. Should that not be possible, the meeting will take place in Santiago, Chile.
- The Board recommends to the Organization of American States that in future elections of new members to the Board, it will be of utmost importance to ensure equitable representation by gender. The Executive Director is authorized to prepare a letter to that effect.