XXV Meeting of Board Directors
In Santiago, on December 2, 2011, the Board of Directors met, with the participation of the Councilors Hebe Martínez (President), Marc Rosenberg (Vice-President), Russell Wheeler, Carlos Maldonado, Delano Bart and Ernesto Pazmiño and, under Articles 12, 13 and 14 of its Statute and 11, 12, 18 and 19 of its Regulations, resolves:
- Approve the Annual Activity Report for the year 2011 congratulating the work done.
- Approve the Work Plan and Program – JSCA Annual Budget, for the Year 2012. The Board Member Delano Bart requests to incorporate within the tasks of the year 2012, a plan to raise information and design possible lines of action in the CARICOM Region in the perspective of increasing the presence of JSCA in the Region.
For these purposes, it offers its cooperation in the necessary and prior process of gathering information and identifying local counterparts. Board Member Ernesto Pazmiño requests to consider for the Work Plan lines of support for national ombudsmen, in order to contribute to the different strengthening efforts that these institutions carry out.
The Executive Director takes note of both indications, committing a proposal for action to address them with the Council, within the framework of the institutional objectives set.
- To ratify the agreements signed by the Executive Director and reported in the Annual Report.
- Renew unanimously the mandate of the Executive Director, Cristian Riego, for a new period of four years, in accordance with the provisions of Article 14, paragraph 4 of the Statute.
- To elect by acclamation Marc Rosenberg as President of the Board of Directors and Carlos Maldonado as Vice-President, in accordance with Articles 11 and 12 of the Regulations.
- To bid farewell and to thank the President and Board Member, Hebe Martínez, who served for six years as a member of this Council, with a key role in the direction of the organization and in the strengthening of JSCA’s institutional capacities.
- To delegate to the Executive Secretary the steps leading to the realization of a new Board of Directors.